Urology is one of the medical specialities that has benefited most from laser technology. It has provided easier access to certain areas through natural orifices such as the urethra and bladder, enabling the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, ureteral stones, certain bladder tumours, urethral stricture and venereal diseases.
The most important advantages when laser is applied for these medical conditions are:
- Safe and effective procedure
- Immediate relief of symptoms
- Limited blood loss
- Short hospital stay or treatment as an out-patient
- Ability to treat any size of prostate
- Higher degree of success in a single treatment for ureteral stones (> 90%)
- Patients taking anticoagulant medication can be treated
Together with the transurethral approach these are the most notable advantages compared to other surgical techniques, making the use of the Holmium Laser for these pathologies and medical conditions to be considered the first choice. The versatility of the Holmium Laser allows us to offer surgical procedures which are minimally invasive and have clear benefits compared to alternative treatments.